This workshop will introduce the basic principles and techniques of the Internal Family System (IFS) and illustrate them with live experiential exercises and video illustrations. The material will be very practical so that participants will walk away with new perspectives and methods for even their most difficult clients.
We will also discuss Schwartz's new book: "No Bad Parts: Healing Trauma and Restoring Wholeness with the Internal Family Systems Model and dive into the “mono-mind” theory.
“All of us are born with many sub-minds―or parts,” says Dr. Schwartz. “These parts are not imaginary or symbolic. They are individuals who exist as an internal family within us―and the key to health and happiness is to honor, understand, and love every part.”
1. Get an introduction to the IFS model
2. Get to know a part that interferes in your life
3. See live demonstrations of IFS with participants
4. Learn a Parts Mapping Exercise
5. Practice getting to know parts with a partner
6. Learn what Self is and how to quickly access it
7. Bring more Self-leadership to your everyday life
8. Learn IFS as a daily practice
9. Learn how and why your parts swing into action in ways that prevent you from being the therapist you want to be
Save 10% at check out
Approved for 12 NBCC & NASW Continuing Education Credits
Sign up with your email to receive news and updates.